Flight Testing:

GLASAIRPROJECT.COM HOME Click here

 

April 20th, 2008 Flight Hours: .6 ground time Total Hours: 5.4

Two issues have been consistent but manageable. I've always believed in "change one thing and check results" method. However, today I decided to change a few things at once.

  1. I replaced the timing belt because I realized it had been a few years since it had been done.
  2. In an attempt to increase cooling capacity I closed down the gearbox air inlet to 3/8" to decrease pressure inside cowl. I also added two temporary scuppers in lower cowl adjacent to the exhaust outlet in a further effort to decrease pressure inside the cowl. These openings are 3" x 3" with the lip curled about 1" outward from parallel to the lower surface of the cowl. see Tom Moore's cowl design for a much better idea than what mine currently are.
  3. To continue to address the mis-fire I decided to resume eliminating other issues. Since I am using a 1996 TPS on a 2001 engine I decided to see what would happen if the TPS were mis-adjusted. The spec calls for .5v at idle and 5v wide open. I set the TPS to .8v at idle.

After all the changes I test ran the engine for .6 hrs and found the temps to be stable around 187deg f. and no TPS code. Yet.

< BACK

HOME | WEB LOG | SUBARU ENGINE | AIRFRAME CHANGES | PROPELLER | ELECTRICAL | INSTRUMENT DASH | BUILDERS LOG | LINKS | CONTACT